Friday, July 19, 2013

Dallas World Aquarium

Yesterday was $1 day at the Dallas Zoo.  I asked Collin if he could take the day off so we could take Caden and go for a day trip to Dallas.  I hate driving in Dallas alone and since I'm not supposed to carry Caden, I didn't want to chance him getting hot and tired at the zoo wanting me to pick him up.  Thankfully Collin was able to get off and we went.  When we arrived at the zoo it was packed with people.  All the parking lots were full and people had signs up in their yards to pay to park there.  We decided it was not worth fighting the crowd.  Collin suggested we go to the Dallas World Aquarium instead.
 
We parked downtown and ate at a good Mexican food restaurant then headed to the aquarium.  At first, Caden did not want to go.  We told him let's get in line to pay and if it didn't look like something he wanted to do we'd leave.  Once we got up there and he could see inside he became excited and wanted to go in.  I'm thinking he didn't really know what an aquarium was.  I thought the prices were pretty expensive but once you go inside you can tell it's an expensive place to operate and worth going to.  It took us about 2 hours to go through.  We started with the rain forest and ended in the aquarium with many tanks of large fish and sharks.
 
We enjoyed our time at the aquarium.  I think Caden liked the turtles and sharks the most.  He even got a surprise when we came home that day.  There was a turtle in our yard.  He picked it up a few times but I didn't have my camera with me to get him holding the turtle.






Scuba Diver in the Rain Forest








1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

glad to see that Caden enjoyed the aquarium. I haven't been there since I was a teenager, but i LOVED it then, and have always wanted to take Levi and Joel. Looks like you guys had a great trip!