Last week we read lots of stories about Jesus dying on the cross for us and raising from the dead. Caden even decided to build a tomb with his blocks for fun. My dad invited us Saturday to his neighborhood's Easter egg hunt. He loved it! He also has become quite picky about which color of eggs he wants. He purposely skipped over getting a pink egg and said, "no, I don't want a pink egg, I want that blue egg over there!" Blue is still his favorite color although green is becoming a close second. That afternoon we painted eggs, and before bed we made Empty Tomb Eggs or Resurrection Eggs. We don't really celebrate the Easter bunny, although we did run into him at the park and took a few pictures. However, we do let Caden find Easter eggs. It's more of a game and I think fun for kids.
Sunday morning Caden woke up and hunted for some Easter eggs around the living room. I put his basket out with some bubbles and a Look and See Bible Book/DVD. He also went to our oven to check the cookies and sure enough, they were hollow! We invited my family in town to church and lunch at our house. My dad, sister, and her husband joined us for church. I was so glad they were able to come. That afternoon we had 15 of my family over for brisket, potatoes, green beans, mac & cheese, cold cucumber soup, and lots of delicious desserts. Everyone enjoyed talking and catching up. The weather was perfect and so lots of them took turns flying Caden's kite. Later Caden road his bike barefoot. Crazy boy!
Monday I helped at Caden's school with their Easter egg hunt. It was so cute watching him and his friends find eggs. Overall we had a wonderful and fun Easter.
1 comment:
Looks like a wonderful Easter with your family! It's my favorite holiday too!
Post a Comment