We have so much to be thankful for. I really love Thanksgiving and am so thankful for many things in life, especially my family. After being away from family for the past 4 years, we finally were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with our parents and siblings. But our biggest reason to be thankful this year is I am pregnant again!! I'm 7.5 weeks and so far everything is looking really good. This being my 5th pregnancy with only having one live birth classifies me as high risk along with all the various medical conditions I have. Having a baby is not something to be taken lightly. Children are TRULY a GIFT from GOD. Every week since I was four weeks along, I go in for an appointment and blood work. Last week I had my second sonogram and tomorrow I see my perinatologist and will probably have my 3rd sonogram. I went to get the Lovenox injections (I'm supposed to do shots every day in the belly for a blood clotting disorder I have) and the pharmacist said it would be $292.36!! Uh, what?! I asked if he had my insurance, which I knew they did. He said, "yes, it's just a very expensive medication. This is also only a 30-day supply." So please say a prayer that we can find something else to do because we just don't have an extra $300 a month to spend on additional medicine. Other than that I'm doing good. My progesterone levels came back a little low from last week so I'm going to double my supplements. We are so excited and I'm praying this will be a successful pregnancy and we'll have another healthy baby. Specific prayers for this baby would be greatly appreciated. Mainly that he or she does not have an unbalanced translocation, we want it to be normal or balanced. Also that he or she is healthy and continues to grow and develop well.
Originally we were just going to go to west Texas to visit Collin's parents for Thanksgiving but the day before we were supposed to leave my doctor told me I shouldn't travel. We waited a few days and decided since I was feeling fine, we'd make the trip. I had had light spotting the week before but hadn't since then. We also really needed to see Collin's parents., His parents were moving to New Mexico to be closer to his brother and sister-in-law and we were supposed to help them move. Caden was very sad when we told him that he and I might not be able to go. He had been looking forward to seeing Nene and Granddad for months. I decided that I was up for the 8 hour drive each way and we left Friday. Sadly I was not going to be able to help at all. I'm on limited activity and am unable to lift anything heavy or do a lot of walking or exercise.
Thanksgiving Day we went to my parents' house for a fun and delicious Thanksgiving lunch. I actually don't remember the last time I had Thanksgiving with my family because when we lived in Texas previously we would always spend Thanksgiving in west Texas and Christmas in town. It was nice to see my grandmothers, aunt, uncles, and cousins. The only family that wasn't there was my step-brother who went to his girlfriend's house for Thanksgiving.
Friday we left for west Texas. After the 8-hour drive we made it. I'm so glad Caden is such a good traveler. Saturday I woke up with the worst morning sickness I've ever had. I threw up 3 times. I was so sick and could barely get out of bed. I road to town with Collin to get some crackers and things and even threw up in the parking lot at the grocery store. I took it easy and the next night I slept with crackers by my bed. I never threw up with Caden so this is new. I feel for all the other women out there who have experienced this. Not fun!
It was so nice to see Collin's parents, brothers, and sister-in-laws. We even saw some of his nieces and nephews. Caden loves going to the country and running around, climbing things, and just being with his grandparents. We are so sad that they had to move since they love their home so much. But it is probably better that they live close to family. We are going to miss going to their house and enjoying west Texas. We are also going to miss seeing them as often as they have moved even further away. Now we'll have to fly to see them. Or else it will take two days to get there by car. But I know they are in a better situation now so I'm glad about that. And they might even get to move back home in three months if their conditions improve.
I'm glad we went to west Texas and thankfully I've had no problems medically since coming home. Praise God! It's very risky for me to travel right now so we'll probably not take anymore trips for a few months. I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving!!
No comments:
Post a Comment