Saturday, June 16, 2012

Entering the 30s


I still remember when 30 was old...no but seriously, I do remember.  Now that I'm here, it doesn't seem so old.  Back when I was 19, I never would have dreamed how my 20s would turn out.  Collin and I love traveling and my favorite vacation spot is the beach somewhere.  We were going to go to the coast for my 30th but with some unexpected bills that came up and the fact it's high season, we decided we needed to stay close to home.  On my birthday he took the day off.  My sister and her husband brought us breakfast on their way out of town.  Then Collin and I went through boxes, yes, we're still not unpacked from our move, and took a load to donate.  Then we went to lunch at a yummy French restaurant, then to the mall to get a few new things, and then drove around town with Caden with a stop at Lowes and the grocery store.  We ended up getting dinner to-go because Caden was pretty tired.  And if you have kids, you know it's sometimes not worth fighting a tired child and eating out.  So we got some take-out and went home.  Collin and Caden bought me a delicious chocolate cake and Marble Slab ice cream for dessert. 

Collin planned a little party at Burger's Lake today so I could enjoy some sand and water. We had a great time.  My brother and his fiancee came and so did my friend Loni and her daughers.  Thank you Collin and Caden for a wonderful birthday!!

In case you wondered what I did in my 20s.  Here are some milestones and major events that happened.  I'm not going to list everything but this will give you a good idea. 


20
- met the love of my life, Collin
- was in a life-changing car accident. Had one of two ankle surgeries and a broken coller bone. Had to be in a wheel chair for the summer because the broken bones were both on my left side.
21
- married Collin! :)
22
- transferred my senior year of college to UTA and moved to FW
- joined Legacy
- went camping
23
- went on a mission trip to Dominican Republic
- we bought our first house
- graduated college
- started working for a law firm
- vacation to Hot Springs, AR
24
- worked a lot to pay off college debt
- went on my first cruise
25
- still paying off college debt
- went to D.C. with C for business
- went to San Diego with Collin for a business trip
- took our first trip to Europe! Went on an unforgetable and wonderful Eastern Mediterrean Cruise!
26
- moved to Germany!
- met some lovely people in Germany
- joined an awesome local church
- joined PWOC
- traveled all over Europe
27
- gave birth to the most amazing son in the world!
- traveled all over Europe and took a Western Mediterrean Cruise
- joined a military MOPS group
28
- continued traveling around Europe
- went on a Baltic Cruise
29
- sad year, had 3 miscarriages
- moved back to TX
- bought our second house
- joined a MOMS club group and a local MOPS group
- placed membership at a local church

Overall my 20s were wonderful.  May my 30s be ever more so.  There were lots of good times including traveling to see family, friends, and new places.  We had several life changing events: two overseas moves, a child, multiple miscarriages, and experiences that have changed us forever.  While we're still getting over the fact we no longer live in Germany, we are enjoying our new chapter back in the States.  In my 20s I traveled a lot.  Collin and I (Caden went with us to some of these places) visited 21 countries in Europe, 4 countries in Central America, and 10 States in the U.S.  I don't know if we'll travel quite as much during my 30s, but I hope so.  Most likely we'll explore more of the U.S.

Thank you God for blessing me with such an amazing family and precious friends.  They all mean so much to me.  May I continue to try and do God's will and be pleasing to Him.  Thank you Collin for walking this life with me.  Most of my 20s I have been married to you.  I know I would not have experienced all that I have without you.  Thank you Caden for being you.  You have blessed my life in so many ways.  I also want to thank my parents, Dad, Cathy, my belated mother, my terrific mother-in-law and father-in-law and my the rest of my family - grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  You have helped inspire and encourage me.

No comments: