Last Friday we flew into Texas. The plane ride was rough. Caden threw up twice on the plane, about 10 minutes into our flight and then again around 50 minutes into the flight. We both were worried because we only brought two additional change of clothes for him. My dad picked us up from the airport and Caden threw up again in the car on the way to my parents' house. I'm starting to think he gets motion sickness. I brought lots of snacks and a few meals because we are pretty structured with Caden's meals and snacks and he tends to get hungry at almost the same time everyday. Also, from our previous experiences, AA starts serving dinner within 80 minutes of landing. Well, depending on where you're sitting and when you get your food you can still be eating while starting to decend, which can cause someone with motion sickness to threw up. I threw up last year as we landed. Sure enough, they served food around the same time but thankfully I already fed Caden his dinner. He only slept 1 hour on the flight. It was a LONG flight. Overall he did very well considering it was a 10.5 hour flight.
Saturday evening we had some family over for a cook-out. It was so nice to see everyone. We have really missed living closer to family. Caden loves his grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
Sunday morning we went to church. Caden threw up during services. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but he throws up a lot. During communion, he said, "I want a chip!! Mommy eats a chip!" He says this at church in Germany too. We whisper that it's bread that represents Christ's body who died on the cross for our sins and that he can take it once he's baptized. I had some dried apples in my purse so I decided to give him a few because his schedule is all off. He was up since 1:30am and so was Collin! So I knew he was hungry, again, and tired. What happened is I think he chocked on the apples because we didn't have his water with us. Anyway, it was a mess and I'm so thankful for those who helped us and helped clean up. Thankfully, we were sitting near the back.
Monday I had a doctor's appt. with my sweet friend, Erin Steidl. It looks like I'm doing fine from my miscarriage. I was impressed how modest her doctor's office was. I had never seen her as a doctor but she is great and recommend her to anyone who is looking for a doctor. Collin and I met with some of my old co-workers and friends for lunch. I used to work for a law firm downtown and we usually have Caden with us but my parents graciously watched him while we went to my doctor's appointment so he wasn't with us for lunch.
Monday night we met my parents and siblings and their spouses for dinner. We ate Mexican food and Caden used his first urinal at the restaurants. We ate at Blue Mesa and apparently the urinal goes all the way to the floor. Did we mention that Caden is doing really well with the potty training? He used the potty at the airport and on the airplane. This is a big accomplishment for someone new at this.
Tuesday my dad took Collin, Caden, and me to the zoo. Caden loved it! He loves animals and they have added some exhibits from last year. Yesterday evening, my sister, Michelle, and her husband, Kyle, watched Caden so Collin and I could go on a date. We went to a movie and saw, The Help, which was really good. Then we went to dinner and came back. He went to the potty for them at their house, yay! Thank you Michelle and Kyle!!
Before we went to the zoo we saw my dear, sweet, grandmother. She lives in an assisted living place and doesn't talk much anymore. You could tell she was so happy to see us. She smiled, nodded, and shrugged. She even gave Caden a kiss! I look forward to seeing her again while we're in town.
Today we are meeting some friends from church for a playdate and going to dinner with family tonight. It is so good to be back home in Texas! People are so friendly here. An old man at Sam's even patted me on the back welcoming me home. Ha!
We also are looking forward to seeing Collin's parents and family. We decided to see them second to get over jet lag - which is taking longer than before. Caden was up at 1:30am, then 3:20am, then 5:30am, then has family made it to 7am the past two days. I hope we're finally getting back on schedule.
I will post pictures later but wanted to give a short update of our happenings.
1 comment:
Sorry it was rough getting here, but were a so glad you came and so happy to get to see you all!
Post a Comment