 |
| It was around 58 degrees, cold enough to wear a jacket. |
One thing I really like about living in Germany is all the wonderful parks. The weather is crummy about half the year, but thinking back to living in Texas, it's kind of crummy there as well, just really hot. During the summer we have "official" MOPS (mother's of preschoolers) play dates every other week. If you are a stay-at-home mom and don't have a group of mommy friends, try and find a MOPS group. I have made some precious and wonderful friends because of being in MOPS.
I volunteered to coordinate one this summer and I chose to go to Luisenpark in Mannheim. I LOVE this park. There are tons of playgrounds, animals, birds, etc. We also have season passes so my ticket is already paid for. Children 6 and under are free. Caden had a wonderful time with his friends and I had a wonderful time with mine. We spent 4 hours there and could have spent longer. We still didn't see everything today. Usually I go for photo shoots and Collin and Caden come along too so Caden can play. It was nice going just to have fun and getting to watch Caden have a good time.
Also, we hit a first today. Caden used the public potty at Luisenpark! I was so proud of him! We have been slowly potty training and this was the first time he used the potty in public that I knew for sure he went. He asked to go at church a few Sundays ago but I couldn't tell if he actually went or not. When we went to see our friends, the Wallaces, who just had their 3rd baby, he asked to use the potty at the hospital. I'm not sure if he actually went there either. Collin took him and couldn't tell. We're taking it slow with the potty training as I'm really in no huge rush.
Here are some pictures from our playdate.
 |
| Caden with Addison and Nate drumming on a log |
 |
| Checking out the goats |
 |
| Caden loves penguins. He tried opening the locked gate to get in there with them. |
 |
| They have a lot of penguins at Luisenpark |
 |
| Some of the kids admiring the rabbits |
Our friend, Salina, had her third baby early Sunday morning. We went to see them on Monday. Jonathan is a cute little baby. This was her first child to have in Germany. She was induced last Wednesday and when Germans induce women, it goes a lot slower than if you're induced in the States. Overall, she had a great experience and ended up having a successful, drug-free labor, minus the induction drugs. This was her first non-epidural birth and she did great! Not what she had planned, but it worked out well.
 |
Our friend, Tricia, came to visit around the same time we did.
Salina is holding her precious son. |
 |
| I got to hold him too! Caden likes babies. |
 |
| Caden's waving to Jonathan |
1 comment:
sounds like a great park! Maybe if we come visit again we call all go there :) (if you guys are there long enough). Sounds like you guys are taking potty training just like we are. Levi goes at home once or twice a day and has gone out and about a couple of times too. I hope it works out well for both of us and they are diaper free soon!
Post a Comment