Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend

We love 3-day weekends.  Collin and I celebrated 7.5 years of marriage yesterday.  We had a wonderful weekend and wanted to share a few pictures.

Thursday night our friends, Jane and Matt, watched Caden so we could go to Collin's work dinner. The dinner was typical German and lasted over 3 hours. We left early. It started at 6:30pm and Collin didn't get his food until almost 9pm.  It was a nice evening but we were both exhausted.  We're used to eating around 5:30pm.  It was at a castle about 20 minutes from our house.


Saturday we went took Caden to Lusienpark.  That evening we made a homemade pizza and had our first family movie night.  We watched Flo the Lyin' Fly and had fun watching a movie with Caden.  I'm always thinking of ways for Caden to help me in the kitchen.  My friend, Nicole, gave me some of her yummy zucchini's from her garden so I made a carrot and zucchini, alfredo pizza.  I decided to see if Caden could grate the zucchini.  He did a great job and loved helping me.




Sunday we went to church and spent time as a family.  As I was looking at my pictures from this weekend I saw this picture.


Collin caught Caden doing this - playing with our light fixture on top of our kitchen table.  I also caught him yesterday morning climbing out of his highchair, onto the table, then down the chair.

Monday we took a day trip to Speyer, Germany.  We ate lunch in the cute town then went to the Technic Museum.  We road a few rides and enjoyed the exhibit.  We were planning on going to the firework show and events on base but ended up being too tired.  Overall we had a wonderful weekend.

Downtown Speyer, Germany
Collin teaching Caden how to use an excuvator

Space exhibit in Technic Museum

Collin flying through the sky

Caden enjoying all the trucks

No comments: