In just one month our little boy will be 2. Time does seem to pass faster as we're getting older. He continues to be a joy to have and I can see why the Bible says in Psalm 127:3: "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him." It is very rewarding having a child and the more time we spend around Caden the more we would like to have more.
Some new fun things he is doing!
Language! One of Collin's favorite things to watch (and mine) is seeing how Caden puts words and sentences together. Collin is passionate about languages and speaks several so it is fun to see first hand how a young child learns a language. Caden is talking in more complete short sentences. His has a great memory and remembers things quickly and is always willing to repeat things as he's learning more.
Numbers and more numbers! He loves counting and numbers. He can count to 10 in German. He picked it up so quickly that Collin and I were both very impressed. He can now count to 20 in English. He goes back and forth between counting in English and German. He loves to count things and is pretty good at it. We might have a math guy on our hands.I'll ask him how many crackers does he have, how many blueberries, how many cars, etc. He points and counts.
All I want to do is play! Caden enjoys playing with his friends and is enjoying more independent play at home. He will pretend to cook, drive his car, build houses, etc. and has a great imagination. He also loves playdates and playing with other kids of all ages. Of course playing with Mom and Dad is lots of fun too! He loves having a house his own size. All of his friends love it too!
I know that song! Caden loves singing and has memorized more songs. His favorites are "I'm in the Lord's Army" and "ABCs." But he'll also sing, "Jesus Loves Me," "Itsy Bitsy Spider," "Row, Row, Row, Your Boat," and pieces from other songs. It's cute, we'll be driving along and he'll start singing. Or he'll be playing and start singing.
The 2s are coming and some people refer to the 2s as terrible. I like to look at these challenges as growth opportunties. Not just for me but for my child. After reading Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood by Jim Fay and Charles Fay, I have become more confident in how I react and discipline Caden. A few new things we've been experiencing over the past few months are tantrums. I stay calm, sometimes pick him up and talk softly to him. Other times I let him have his space as he cries because he doesn't get something he wants.
| New car bed. He loves it! |
Sleep baby sleep! Sleeping is going better. Caden now falls asleep in his bed unless Collin falls asleep while holding him for a few minutes then they may both fall asleep in the chair. Nap time is rare, maybe once or twice a week but he sleeps 11-12 hours at night. When he takes a nap he only sleeps 9-10 hours. It's a tiring trade-off but it's working for us. It seems like he mostly needs 11-12 hours of sleep a day with some quiet down time in the afternoon. Below is a picture of him taking a nap in his car bed. He asks to sleep in his car bed at night sometimes but we're not quite ready to move him over.
We really love Caden. He is such a wonderful and happy child. Everyday he is learning new things and exploring the world around him.
1 comment:
Caden is so cute, I love the pictures! I cannot believe how good he is at counting! I'm impressed, but we already knew he was smart...and with two smart parents it was bound to happen :) :) You are doing a great job!
Post a Comment