We took Caden to his first amusement park last Saturday called Holiday Park. I grew up going to amusement parks and love roller coasters. This park is only about 30 minutes away and was our first German amuseument park experience. There was a little area for younger kids that had about 4 rides that Caden could ride by himself. He was not sure what to think when he road his first ride, but as he continued riding them he didn't want to get down once it was over. We had a great time and look forward to taking him to more amusement parks.
On a side note, we made the mistake of going inside a building of what we thought would be a boat ride. We were thinking of the ride at Disney World where they play "It's a Small World." Well, this was not a boat ride but a haunted seat ride. It went through the dungeons of castles, providing us a visual history of various ways of torturing and killing people, think of a "live" torture museum. There were also robotic people dressed up as prostitutes, drunks, etc. We had no idea that it would be like this. It was truly a very different cultural experience. It was quite scary and I kept trying to cover Caden's eyes because the ride and sites freaked me out. Needless to say, we will not be going in the dungeon again if we go back. Collin and I both felt horrible for taking him on that ride. Thankfully, he made it out and didn't seem to be too scared. After the ride was over, Collin and I said to each other, that there would be no way a ride like that would be in the States, especially geared toward small children.
Here are a few pictures from our day at Holiday Park, not including the scary ride. I thought I had pictures from all the little rides Caden road but I guess they got deleted. Anyway, this can give you an idea what a German theme park looks like.
 |
| Caden's first ride - he road the boat all by himself |
 |
| I got to ride this one with him. He loved spinning around. |
 |
| Collin teaching Caden to pump water. Caden just wanted to drink it. |
 |
| He loved the carousel and kept asking later to ride the horse. |
 |
Caden pushed the gas pedal while Collin steered.
It looks like someone was a little too big for this ride. |
 |
I'm going on the big swing.
Caden said to me after I got off this ride, "Mommy goes way up high." |
 |
| Collin coming down one of the roller coasters. |
 |
| Caden playing at one of the playgrounds in the park. |
No comments:
Post a Comment