I took Caden to his first music class today. It is a German mom and tots class. We were the only Americans and the only English speakers that I could tell except for the teacher. Caden was a little hessitant at first. After a while he seemed to really like it.
Mostly the kids sat in their parent's lap. The teacher first went around the room and we introduced ourselves and after each child said their name we sang a song and either clapped our hands, stomped our feet, or patted our knees. She held a puppet that danced while doing this. Then we sang some songs, I did not know any of them. Then each child and parent got two sticks. We sang a song and tapped our sticks together while saying "tap, tap, tap." That was one of the few words in the songs I fully understood. Then the teacher played a a little drum and sang a song. Then each child was either a "bear" or a "mouse" and tapped the drum as we sang a song. Next we got scarfs and danced. Last we walked in a circle and sang a song. It was neat. There were about 12-14 kids in the class.
I know the teacher which is how I found out about the class. She did a great job. Today was free to check it out. I'm signing Caden up and we have 10 more classes. I didn't take any pictures because unlike Americans, Germans don't seem to walk around with their cameras. Ha. I remember taking Caden to his American gymnastics class and almost everyone of the parents there had their cameras with them. I did not see one camera out today. Which is sad but I think it's okay to not have a picture of everything. However, before the classes are all over I hope to get at least one picture of him there.
By the way, tonight at dinner he took his fork and sang, "tap, tap, tap." He's so cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment