To celebrate our freedom and our country's independence, on the 4th of July we took Caden swimming. We had a lot of fun. He hasn't been in a pool since he was 4 months old and we were in Portugal. There are a lot of swimming pools in Germany and it was kind of hard to decide which one to take him to. The closest one to us is a 5 minute drive. Saturday we drove out to another swimming pool about 20 minutes away because we were told they have an awesome toddler pool but by the time we arrived Caden had fallen asleep for his nap. We ended up driving around then went home.
Yesterday was different. After church we came home, he took his nap, and we went in the afternoon. We went to the neighborhood pool in Walldorf. It was huge. We drove by there yesterday on our way home. There was a lake you could swim in, a nice size kiddy pool, a lap pool, a huge pool with a big slide, playgrounds, and lots of area to run and play. They also have indoor pools but they are closed on Sundays. We will definitely take Caden back. It was also very cheap to swim, it cost 3.50 Euro per adult and Caden was free. So for around $10 you can't beat it.
One of the major differences regarding swimming in Germany versus the US that I noticed was the men's swimsuits. A good number of German men wore speedos. Even a lot of the young boys wore speedos. And actually, some of the young girls were wearing speedos too...or maybe they were just the swimsuit bottoms, unless those were boys with long hair wearing pink swim trunks. Our family stood out even though there were a lot of people. Not only did Collin and Caden not wear speedos but Caden also wore a swim top with SPF protection and globs of sunscreen. Despite the differences in apparel, we had a great time. I like to look at what other people are wearing because I like to blend in when possible. However, I don't think I can talk Collin into wearing a speedo. I'm just like people were wearing swimsuits because I have heard stories of them not. The only negative part of our day was people smoking. I wish they would make smoking illegal or at least illegal in public places.
Here are some pictures of Caden. He didn't swallow too much water.
Walking to the kiddy pool. The lake is behind him.
Mommy showing Caden his float
Daddy taking Caden around in his float
Caden playing with his float
Caden interested in the water
Caden wanted to touch the pole and he did!
1 comment:
looks like a really cool pool! how fun! Levi LOVES the water :)
Caden looks so cute in his suit! Glad it's not a speedo! HA!
Post a Comment