Wednesday, January 20, 2010

7 months old

Caden is seven months old today! I still can hardly believe how fast he is growing. Many people have told me to enjoy everyday because babies grow up really fast. I can see that is true!

The newest things Caden can do is get up on all 4s. He doesn't go anywhere when he is on his hands and knees but he's able to hold his body up which is great! He scoots backwards and in a circle when his knees are behind him. We are trying to teach him to go forward. One of his favorite things to do, however, is stand. He loves standing and holding onto things, whether that is our hands or a sturdy object. He can pull himself up from the ground to a standing position now. He doesn't do this unless we are right behind him or in front of him. We have started baby proofing more, Collin put up a gate on our top floor in front of the stairs, we still need two more gates for the stairs on our other two floors. It is hard to find baby gates that work well for spiral staircases. Not even the Germans know where we can buy them. We bought one from Amazon and will probably order the other ones from there as well. Collin will probably build something to make the other gates work.

I decided to attend my ladies' Bible study this spring which started back up a few weeks ago. I finally left Caden alone in the nursery there. It was really hard to leave him! He has done pretty well. He loves watching other kids and babies but would rather me be with him. He can go for 20 minutes without me now. So I go back and forth and keep him with me some of the time and then let him go back to the nursery. The first time he took a 40 minute nap so that was nice. I am also back in MOPS and we are still doing infant massage classes, which he loves!

Caden also now has 3 teeth! He has both bottom front teeth and his upper left front tooth. He is still drooling a lot but at least we have a few teeth now. We just just started feeding him solids twice a day and am I still only breastfeeding him the rest of his meals. He sleeps 10-12 hours at night, takes 2-3 naps a day, and is a very happy baby and so much fun to be with. We love playing games, playing with his toys, and reading books. He loves laughing and babbling. He smiles at everyone he meets and is very social. He is so cute and we feel very blessed. We could not have asked for a better child! Other than that, we are enjoying life and trying to stay warm during this cold winter in Germany.

Here are a few pictures.

Caden on all 4s!

He loves taking the numbers from his mat a part and chewing on them

Playing with his new "toy" - I gave him a spatula to play with when I cook and he loves it!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Caden is so cute! I love his blue eyes...the pics of him on all 4s are great! wish I could see him in person!

Unknown said...

When Caden is old enough to read this, he would be amused! I read my dad's blog in his very old journal last Christmas on similar topics when my sister and I were growing up, and I could feel his love.