While in Portugal I got a haircut. There was a salon next to one of the restaurants we ate at. Since having Cade I have not had a chance to get a haircut and really needed one. It's hard to make an appointment when Collin can be off to watch Cade. Collin went and asked how much it cost and they said 10 EUR. What a deal! So I told Collin I would just get it cut there. In Germany it costs 35 EUR + for a haircut and it's really a hit or miss kind of thing. This haircut included wash, cut, and style. It ended up costing 15 EUR because of my long hair (13 EUR plus we tipped 2 EUR) but still, I have yet to find that kind of deal in Germany. The lady who cut my hair barely spoke any English but ended up doing a great job. I told her I wanted some simple layers and about 4 inches cut off. One thing I found interesting was when she dried my hair she had me lean over with my hair upside down, the way I'd dry my hair at home. Usually at salons they don't make you do that. I didn't have a problem with it though, I just thought it was kind of funny. Collin thought it would be neat to take some pictures, so here are some before and after pictures of my Portuguese haircut.
Right before getting it cut
After the haircut
2 comments:
Your hair now looks almost exactly like my haircut that I got on Saturday. Mine was $47 though, so you got a better deal. ;) It doesn't look quite like they took 4 inches of the bottom of yours b/c mine was much longer to start out and that's how much I got taken off, but it's a great easy to care for hairstyle. It looks good! Congrats on finding a bargain.
Great minds think alike, Emily. Haircuts can be expensive. If it's a good cut, then it can be worth it. I know, I don't think she cut 4 in. off either. I was hoping she would have cut it a little shorter. Oh well, she did a great job and a good price so I can't complain. =)
Post a Comment