Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby Update

I went to the doctor last night after my doctor called me to tell me I forgot to come in. I did not remember making an appointment for a Tuesday because usually my appointments are on Thursdays. However, starting this Thursday my doctor's office will be closed for two weeks while they celebrate Christi Himmelfahrt in English it is called Ascension Day. Another difference between America and Germany, I do not know of any companies in America that close down for two weeks to celebrate this holiday or any other holiday for that matter.

They did the standard tests including monitoring my baby's heartbeat for 20 minutes. I have not gained any weight in the past 3 weeks so my doctor said I no longer have to come in every week but every other week since everything seems to be normal - I have felt the exact same so I never thought anything was not normal. I think my doctor is overly strict. In two weeks I will go to another doctor since my doctor will still be on holiday and then in four weeks I will see my doctor again. I am due in 6 weeks! The count down has begun. I could deliver sooner or later. Collin and I are getting excited. I have cut back on my fruit and sugar intake and have been walking more so if nothing else hopefully it will make labor and delivery faster. My doctor believes it will. Other women have told me there is not much you can do to make labor and delivery faster but that every woman is different. We are so thankful to God that our son seems to be healthy and that I am healthy.

1 comment:

The Campbell Family said...

So happy for your healthy report! I can only imagine walking will make delivery easier. I've heard getting up and walking around a little during delivery can help the baby naturally drop because of gravity. ;) Can't wait for pictures!! :)