Thursday, February 12, 2009

Big Surprise!

I went to my fifth doctor's appointment tonight and had my first 4-D ultrasound. We found out to our surprise that we are having a boy. It was very obvious tonight! Here is a picture we took of the 4-D ultrasound video.
The baby seems to be covering his ears. I wonder if the ultrasound is really loud. Poor baby!

This was taken a few weeks ago. Since the picture was taken I have only gained about more 2 lbs. However, I'll try to post some new pictures soon since a woman's body changes so much during pregnancy.

I am now 20 weeks pregnant and the horrible risks if I caught rubella have almost ceased - although I have been advised to still be careful because I am not immune. I am fully showing that I'm pregnant now. We went to a Chinese restaurant after church last Sunday and the owner made several comments about me being pregnant. He also did not bring me a shot of liquor after our meal which I was very happy about. I don't like the shots anyway. He said I could not have any because I was pregnant. Which by the way, many restaurants in Germany give out a free shot of liquor after a meal. it supposedly helps with the digestion of the food. I don't know if that is true or not but I was glad he was able to see that I was pregnant and not overweight.

I am still a little surprised to find out we are having a boy especially since last month the doctor told us she thought we were having a girl. However, in December she thought we might be having a boy. The main thing we are praying for is a strong and healthy baby. And now, just when we had almost narrowed down on a few girl names we discover we are having a boy and have to start all over. We are both very excited. =)

3 comments:

Dawny said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to say hello to Baby McCormick. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your son!

Maggie Cooper

Collin and Marisa said...

Thanks! We are very excited.