Thursday, June 20, 2019

Happy 10th Birthday My Oldest Son!

Dear Caden,

Today you are 10 years, one decade, old. It really seems like yesterday I was in labor with you and giving birth to the most beautiful baby boy I had ever seen. I've learned so much by being your mom. You teach me daily how to be a better person, how to give more of myself to others. My life has never been the same since you came in my life. I am forever grateful to you and thankful to God for giving us you as our first born. 

This year you had an indoor swimming party at the Brick. You had a great time with some of your friends. There's a big slide, lazy river, and other fun things to do at the pool. We bought you a new bike for your birthday. You love riding your bike and scooter. Copper is your favorite pet goat. I love that you still have a love of balloons. 

You have grown a lot this last year. We realized you are somewhat a prodigy when it comes to music and playing the piano. You started taking lessons a year ago and have quickly learned all the notes and have discovered you can also play by ear. I love hearing you play. You won the big trophy at both of your piano recitals this year. I am very proud of your hard work. With hard work and determination and God on your side, you can do anything.

You love making others laugh and having fun. You are sensitive yet very strong-willed. You have a hard time backing down, especially when you feel like someone else is wrong. You care about pleasing God. You are a hard worker and a good friend. God has so much in store for you and we look forward to seeing where your talents and dreams take you.

Here are some of your favorites:

Friends: Owen and Abel

Subject: Computer

Place to go: Main Event

Food: Pasta and meatsauce

Dessert: Cotton Candy

Snack: Fruit snacks

Restaurant: Texas de Brazil

Song: "Light the Fire"

Book: Angry Birds

Game: chess

Sport to play: football and basketball

Computer Game: Angry Birds Fight

Place You've Been: Germany

Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 7:9: "Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments."

We love you, Caden. Happy 10th birthday! 

Love,
Mom

Pictures from your birthday and party.

This morning!

I love your smile!




















lazy river

Opa, Uncle Kyle, Bailey, and Aunt Michelle in the lazy river



VBS just finished last night

Picture from camp last week

Your new bike!

My handsome son!

No comments: