Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Grace is 5!

Dear Grace,

Happy 5th birthday to you! These years are going by faster than I want. However, I'm LOVING every day and am so thankful God gave you us. You are an amazing girl. Full of love, happiness, joy, compassion, humor, quick wit, and kindness. You love going to church and enjoy learning and doing your schoolwork. 

It was a hard decision not sending you somewhere for pre-K this year. However, I am so glad I kept you home. You are loving Classical Conversations and are in Foundations this year, you enjoyed playing soccer last Fall and are looking forward to doing gymnastics this Spring. I love teaching you and reading to you. You have asked to learn to read for the past two years. I know you could and we are slowing working on that. However, with you, I'm taking our time. I read a really good book about waiting to teach your child to read and how they end up learning so much more waiting. I know that's not always the case but you have such a great memory and ability to recall information. I know reading eventually is going to add to it but for now, we're taking it slow.

This year you had your birthday party at the Tumble Club. You wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese at first but I love that we could rent the whole facility at Tumble Club and it would be just you and your friends. Everyone had a great time. We ordered pizza and had the best cake (from Costco) and it was a really fun party.

Favorites:

Color: gold
Food: macaroni and cheese
Place to go: VBS at our church :)
Song: ones you make up! You are an amazing singer and love singing. I love hearing all the songs you sing.
Best friend: you said everyone. You don't like leaving anyone out. Just like your mama. :)
Boy(s) you like: Cash (from CC) and Silas (from Trail Life)
Toy: your new dollhouse and all the fun things with it!

Height: 4'10"
Weight:

This year you wanted a bike for your birthday. You got a scooter for Christmas and LOVE it. I love that you like to be active. Our goat, Pickles, had a baby a few days before your birthday. You love babies and Dill is a very cute goat kid. You love all animals and enjoy playing with them on our farm. Grace, we pray that you continue to grow in your faith. We pray you continue to show love and empathy to others, and have a great year!

Love you,
Mom























No comments: