Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Tribute to my Mother-in-Law


A few weeks ago, my dear and sweet mother-in-love, aka mother-in-law, passed away. Reba, was one of a kind! She was full of life and love for others. She was spunky, outgoing, kind, generous, extremely intelligent, loved gardening, eating organically, natural healing, poetry, her family, friends, her belated husband of almost 62 years, and most of all Jesus. She will be missed immensely. Her funeral was lovely and her memory will last our lifetime. She was one of a kind.


Since I lost my mother as a child, I had always looked forward to having a mother-in-law and hoped who ever she would be would love me like a daughter. Reba did. She often called and referred to herself as my other mother. She was wise and reminded me that my children will grow fast. That stay-at-home mothers are the unsung heroes. Raising children is no small task and takes lots of hard work and dedication. I've always wanted to be a mom but it doesn't all come naturally to me. Frankly, to be honest, it's the hardest job I've ever had. Before having kids I never would have thought I'd be homeschooling them either. That adds another challenge in and of itself. I loved and will miss how Reba called me often. She encouraged me and wanted to make sure I was doing okay. 

Reba, I loved you! You are missed! We are so sad that your life on earth has ended but are so thankful you are in Heaven with God and Jesus, along with your beloved Jim and your mom, dad, and many many family and friends who have gone before you. My children still talk about you. They miss you too. Your youngest son, my sweet husband, especially misses you. You raised some wonderful and caring men. Your children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren, love and miss you very much! We know you're enjoying Heaven. Until we meet again.

No comments: