A week ago we got back from a nice 6 day trip to New Mexico to visit and help Collin's parents. They moved to Las Cruces last Thanksgiving to be near his oldest brother and sister-in-law (Jim and Viola). His dad got pneumonia in early January and was put in the hospital. It was pretty serious and they weren't sure if he would make it or not. We booked our plane tickets as soon as we could and by the time we got there his dad was recovering nicely in the rehab center. His mom on the otherhand got sick with worry and it was really good we could be there and see them. Collin spent two nights with his dad in rehab, Caden and I spent three nights with his mom and two nights with Jim and Viola at their beautiful new house. I spent one afternoon/evening with Collin's dad and it was nice to catch up. The three of us ate lunch and dinner with him several times as well but spent most of our time with his Mom. Thankfully his dad is now home with his mom.
We love Collin's parents so much and wish we lived closer to them. I'm just thankful we were able to visit them. His dad celebrated his 87th birthday yesterday and tomorrow they celebrate 60 years of marriage. They are both such a wonderful inspiration to us and others. His mom is one of the most generous people I know. It was hard seeing her sick and not her usual self. However, these things happen and we love them no matter what. This wasn't an easy visit and we really didn't do much besides help and be with his parents. The last two days I was finally able to take Caden to the park for a little bit and he loved it. The weather was so nice. I'm also glad Caden got to see his grandparents and spend some time with them as did we. We also loved getting to visit Jim, Viola, Jayce, Cindy, and Pat.
![]() |
| Collin and his dad going to the dinning hall |
![]() |
| Visiting Granddad Jim at the rehab center |
![]() |
| I got to see Jim do his rehab while I was there. He did great! |
![]() |
| Sharing a meal with Jim |
![]() |
| View from Jim and Viola's house, beautiful! |
![]() |
| Caden and NeeNee |
![]() |
| Collin and Caden played the piano and sang at the rehab. Everyone loved it! |
![]() |
| 3 generations! |








No comments:
Post a Comment