I have not had a chance to blog in a while. To begin with, overseas moves are difficult. They are exhausting and being away from our own "home" has its many challenges. The first week we were in town we stayed at my parents. Collin's parents graciously are letting us borrow one of their vehicles. Now we're renting a furnished house and it was been somewhat easier. Except for the 45 minute commute of taking Collin to work in the morning if I want the vehicle for the day.
Collin's birthday was Wednesday! I have to say, he is my favorite person in the world. I am so blessed to be married to such an awesome man! I love you, Collin! My parents took us to Red Lobster for dinner and I bought him a Marble Slab ice cream cake. We had a nice evening.
This past Tuesday our vehicle arrived! We are so excited! The past few days have been less stressful as we've both had a vehicle to drive. Also, I love our SUV. I'm just more comfortable driving it. Thankfully my Dad watched Caden while we drove to North Dallas to pick it up. Love having a little help from family. It was a LONG trip and very time consuming getting it. There was some damage and they wrote us a small check for $225. We have less than a month to get license plates and take care of a few other things regarding our vehicle.
We have been super busy since moving and have been house hunting like crazy. We go round and round on neighborhoods and parts of town. Last night we got an email saying that our household goods have arrived! Yay, but yikes! We have yet to decide where to live! It took 2.5 months to get them when we moved to Germany. It took about a month for them to arrive in Texas. This weekend we plan to make a decision. Please say a prayer for us.
Caden has done great overall. He's almost adjusted to this new life. However, he has relapsed in potty training. Never having lived in the States with a child I'm having to learn some things. The first week we were in town I was trying to open a post office box. Well, there's no public restrooms at the post office. I ask the lady what to do. She was no help. So I said, "so I guess I'm going to have to let him go on the side of the building." What a shame! I'm having to learn where to stop and let my son go to the restroom. It's frustrating but as anyone knows with having a young child, when they need to go potty, they need to go!
We are loving being back in the States and around family. We look forward to visiting Collin's parents and can't wait to see them! When I have more time, I will write more. As for now, that's my quick update. We miss our friends in Germany but are overall very happy to be back in Texas. We're loving the sunshine and warm weather. And Collin loves his new job!
No comments:
Post a Comment