Monday, December 5, 2011

Eppelheim's Christmas Market

This past weekend we got a lot of rain.  Friday evening I volunteered at an event called Holiday Magic.  Santa Claus comes to this event, they light the big Christmas tree on base, and lots of kids from the military schools sing Christmas songs.  My MOPS group sold soup, bread, and gently used children's clothes.  All the booths are outside, brrr!  I helped out last year as well.  Last year it was snowing and freezing.  This year it was just wet and cold.  Caden had to go with me for the first part since Collin wasn't off work yet.  I brought my camera but since it was raining and I had Caden, I left it in the car.

It was also the weekend our town had their Christmas market.  We went with our next door neighbors, the Hollenback's, last year, and we decided to go again with them this year.  We truly are super blessed to have such fantastic neighbors on both sides of us.  I brought my camera with me to this market and took pictures, even though it was still raining.

Jana made pork sandwiches and European beans for dinner.  Then we walked downtown to the market with them.  Thankfully Saturday night it was just sprinkling.  Sunday, when Santa was suppose to be there, it was pouring.  We didn't even attempt to go.  One difference between Germany and Texas is, typically things you do in your town you walk to.  There is limited parking downtown and it's really only about a 5 minute walk.  Even though Santa was going to be inside the concert hall, we decided not to go.  Thankfully, Caden saw Santa Claus at the bookstore Saturday afternoon.  Santa doesn't bring that much to our house but he is coming for St. Nikolaus Tag (St. Nicholas Day) tonight.  We'll put out a boot and see what he brings Caden.  If you want to participate, leave your child's boot outside the door tonight and he will leave a treat, usually something sweet, in the boot if they have been good.  If they have not been good, he will leave twigs.

Caden's potty training has been going great!  He has been staying dry and for the first time ever, woke up this morning and said he needed to potty and his diaper was completely dry.  Way to go, Caden!

Here are a few pictures from our town's Christmas market.

Miska and Caden

Weeee, Caden riding the swing

Jana, Collin, Steve, and Miska cheering Caden on

The lovely Eppelheim Christmas tree

Miska playing one of the games

Jana and I enjoying a hot drink

Inside the town's concert hall

No comments: