| Cinque Terre Walk |
We came home late Monday night from a wonderful 9 night/10 day trip to Italy. My good friend, Emily Baker, came to visit us and she joined us on our Italian vacation. It was great to see her and we had a wonderful time with her.
The first part of our vacation was really tough on Collin. He caught something and was very sick. I have not seen him this sick in a long time. I was worried that he might not be able to make the trip. Thankfully his illness did not last the whole vacation. We flew Ryan Air to Pisa and sat on the tarmac for 2 hours and were delayed. That was especially difficult on Collin. Thankfully we made to Italy and although we missed our train to Cinque Terre we were able to catch the next one for no additional cost.
| Florence, Italy |
We stayed 3 nights in Cinque Terre, 5 nights in Florence, and 1 night in Pisa. I will write a few blog posts about our trip as I have time. Thank you, Collin, for posting a few pictures from your phone while we were there.
Overall, our vacation was very nice. Caden loved Italy and the Italians loved him. We finally had good Italian food in Italy and I even found a good cookbook. Caden had his first taste of Gelato and we all enjoyed eating it on a daily basis. We were also very impressed and pleased with Caden's willingness to try lots of new foods. It seemed like every food he actual put in his mouth he ate, including swordfish, tomotoes (which he usually chews then lets the juices run out of his mouth), pesto pasta, and a variety of other foods and flavors.
Overall, our vacation was very nice. Caden loved Italy and the Italians loved him. We finally had good Italian food in Italy and I even found a good cookbook. Caden had his first taste of Gelato and we all enjoyed eating it on a daily basis. We were also very impressed and pleased with Caden's willingness to try lots of new foods. It seemed like every food he actual put in his mouth he ate, including swordfish, tomotoes (which he usually chews then lets the juices run out of his mouth), pesto pasta, and a variety of other foods and flavors.
April is a great month to travel to Italy. Collin and I went to Rome and Sicily in May and the weather was nice. However, I think April was perfect and actually a little hot. When we went to Venice we went in October and that is also a good month to travel in but a little cooler.
1 comment:
I was blessed to study abroad in Italy in the spring, and I agree that April is a great month to visit! I enjoy reading about your trips and Caden.
Post a Comment