We can hardly believe that Cade is already 3 months old. Collin and I have really enjoyed being parents and having Cade as our son. He is such a joy!
Last Friday we started putting Cade in his room to sleep at night. He has done exceptionally well sleeping in his room at night. We thankfully have been able to get him down without crying. The first night he slept 4 straight hours! Saturday was a little harder, we couldn't get him to sleep until around midnight and we had to get him up for church so he didn't get much sleep, poor guy. He woke up at 4am and then 6am and then we had to wake him at 7:30am. Then Sunday night he slept 5 straight hours, Monday night 7 straight hours and last night 7 straight hours. So I have been able to get 4-6 hours of sleep a night which I am so thankful for. I'm not a napper so what I get at night is what I get and I have a hard time falling back asleep after feeding Cade in the middle of the night. Although last night I was so tired I put him back down and fell right back to sleep. Basically after his long stretch of sleep he then wakes up every 2 hours and will typically sleep for 10-12 hours a night after waking up to eat and have his diaper changed. I am really enjoying his new sleep schedule. Collin and I actually got to watch a movie last night. Cade went to bed at 9pm and after he went to sleep we watched a movie. It was wonderful! We're trying to put down Cade between 8-8:30.
A few new things Cade is doing include having better head control. He can put his hands together and grab things. He is doing wonderful at tummy time and can lift his head pretty high and turn his head from side to side in the air. He's laughing a lot more, is very chatty, and went for his first stroller ride Sunday afternoon sitting up. He loved it! Our German buggy allows us to have him face us or out so we had him facing us and were able to talk to him and he talked right back. His looks are changing and he's getting bigger. He's already doubled his birth weight and is getting longer. Praise God I been that I've been able to exclusively breastfeed Cade. My goal is for him to have only breast milk for the first 6 months. I am now halfway there! On the downside, Cade is teething and has been having a hard time with that. He is drooling a lot, biting everything he can, and is generally uncomfortable. It looks like his bottom two teeth are going to come in first.
Here are some pictures from birth to 3 months.
1 day old

2 comments:
What a cutie. I can not believe all the hair he has at just 3 months! Hope teething goes by quickly. I hear cold chew toy things work great.
Marisa! great post...I love all the pictures, he is getting so big!! I'm so glad that he is sleeping for longer stretches at night, that sounds nice!
Post a Comment